Saturday, March 24, 2007

My Review: Amy Knapp's Homeschooling Organizer

OK, I am not the greatest at doing reviews, so I will try to do my best. ;)

I really wasn't sure at first how I'd like this. I use Amy Knapp's Family Organizer, and have for about 3 years now. I love it.. so wanted to give the Homeschooling Organizer a chance. I had also never personally seen the book, just saw it on Amazon, so I had added it to my Christmas list.

At first glance, I thought "Eh, nothing fantastic." Throughout January & February, I'd write in some things here and there. But it was until recently I decided we need a "plan". So I opened up my Homeschooling Organizer and got to it. The spaces are enough room for me to write in just about every subject I need to. On any given day, I can plan out for math, science, history, reading; all on the Lesson Planning side (left) of the book. Also on this side is a Grocery shopping list. Then you still have the days of the week side (right) to fill in for appointments, etc. and a To Do/To Call section, PLUS meal planning area. This all folds our into a 2 page spread, so you can easily see what is going on for the entire week.

The rest of the book is nice as well. In the front it has small "at-a-glance" calendars for August (of starting year, mine is 2006) until December of the following year (mine is 2007). Then the calendar and lesson planning, etc. pages begin with the starting year, August. You have a large 2-page spread of the months calendar. Then it goes into the planning pages & weekly calendars. Planning pages continue through August of the following year. Then you just have large 2-page calendars for the remaining months through December.

Additional pages in the back of the book include: Book Log; Chore Assignment Log; Personal Development; Grading; Field Trip Log Ideas; Completed Field Trips; Budget Planning (for the family homeschooling - includes materials for all children); Individual Budget Planning (for each child). These pages are reproducible.

I will be ordering my Homeschooling Organizer for next year as well. I think this is a great tool to help keep us on track. While I don't think I'd use it as a "regular" planner/datebook, as it is larger that my other one... I will continue to use it for homeschooling.

So, hopefully my review doesn't sound too jumbled. :) Enjoy!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails