Thursday, March 29, 2007

Appointments & Shopping

and not a bit of schoolwork. That's all we did today. Randy had an eye appt. this morning, so we all rode along to shop while he was getting his contacts. The eye dr. is in Target. So I made a list really quick before we left. We have a cool book (Mythbusters: Don't Try This at Home) from the guys at Mythbusters and I wanted to get our "Mythbusters Box" ready for when we start reading it. I needed some cheapy measuring cups & spoons for the experiments, so i didn't need to use my cooking ones. I was looking for a cheapy stopwatch, but the cheapest was $10.. and I truly didn't want to spend that on something we won't use often. I also needed some string, so find a nice sized spool of twine that will work nicely. Only thing I wanted but couldn't find were some corks. I know I saw these somewhere before, just can't recall what store. Might have been Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Then the kids each got some new shorts and a few shirts. Then of course during check-out my stupid card wouldn't work. The girl had to call for verifictaion. Then when I spoke to the women at the cc company, she said my card was never activated. Um.. yeah it was! I called as soon as it came. I remember because I was on the phone for about 15 minutes listening to their garbage spiel about the credit insurance junk.. which I declined TWICE!

So.. after that we come back home for lunch, freshening up, and then back out for the kids' dentist appts. They just needed cleanings today. Amanda has a cavity, Jake didn't. Surprised me.. as Amanda is very good about brushing and not eating tons of junk. Jake on the other hand.. I think he'd rather have a tooth pulled than *waste time* brushing.

So that was it for our day. We have Happy Feet we're going to watch tonight. I think I am going to make a Shepard's Pie. Never made one before, so this should be interesting. :)

2 comments:

Jodi said...

It turned out really good! It's a keep, so I will be making it again. I used gr. beef, not lamb like my recipe called for. And I added in green beans and more carrots. :)

Janet said...

Oh! You have to label your supply box "raw meat"! We are big fans of mythbusters and we have bins of school supplies all neatly lined up (It is the only part of our homeschool or house for that matter that could be called "neat") with one in the middle labeled raw meat. It is fun to see people notice it.

(Check out the bins in Jamie's shop sometime if I'm making no sense.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails