Saturday, November 15, 2008

Food is good

A meme from Frankie.

What’s the last thing you ate? A slice of leftover pizza :)

What’s your favorite cheese? White Vermont Cheddar

What’s your favorite fish? To eat, haddock. To look at, any that are brightly colored and clown fish (Nemo)

What’s your favorite fruit? strawberries or apples

When, if ever, did you start liking olives? I only like them on pizza or in certain dishes. Not sure when I started liking them.

When, if ever, did you start liking beer? Never have, never will. Can't stand the taste or the smell. But I love beer bread!

When, if ever, did you start liking shellfish? no clue

What was the best thing your parent/s used to make? spaghetti, but I think I ate so much as a kid, I can't eat it that often anymore.

What’s the native specialty of your home town? Town of birth: Hagerstown. Hmm nothing really that I can think of.

What’s your comfort food? baked mac n cheese

What’s your favorite type of chocolate? Depends, I love a good plain Hershey bar or Hershey Kisses, Andes Mints, Endangered Species Dark Chocolate Hazelnut (and I am not one to enjoy dark chocolate). I don't usually turn down chocolate. ;)

How do you like your steak? well done

How do you like your burger? well done

How do you like your eggs? dippy or scrambled

How do you like your potatoes? Mashed potatoes I like a little lumpy, baked potatoes I like with sour cream, cheddar and bacon bits

How do you take your coffee? with a little sugar and creamer, prefer hazelnut creamer

How do you take your tea? depends on the tea: Iced, very sweet; hot tea, depends on the type: Mint - with a little sugar and milk; chamomile (and other herbal teas) - with either honey or agave

What’s your favorite mug? My Hershey Kisses mug Amanda bought for me a few years ago, the handle needs fixed though. 2nd favorite is my Scooby Doo mug

What’s your cookie of choice? can't go wrong with a fresh from the oven chocolate chip cookie :)

What’s your ideal breakfast? One someone makes for me?

What’s your ideal sandwich? Turkey, lettuce, mayo and sometimes cheese on wheat

What’s your ideal pizza (topping and base)? Bought would be Pizza Hut pan meat lovers; homemade with all sorts of veggies, pepperoni and bacon bits

What’s your ideal pie (sweet or savory)? Apple

What’s your ideal salad? Baby Spinach with shredded parm, dried cranberries, and Newman's Honey Mustard dressing

What food do you always like to have in the fridge? Milk, eggs, applesauce, cheese

What food do you always like to have in the freezer? chicken

What food do you always like to have in the cupboard? pasta

What spices can you not live without? salt and pepper

What sauces can you not live without? tomato and pesto sauce

Where do you buy most of your food? Martins (branch of Giant)

How often do you go food shopping? Once a week

What’s the most you’ve spent on a single food item? No idea

What’s the most expensive piece of kitchen equipment you own? Refrigerator

What’s the last piece of equipment you bought for your kitchen? Cusinart Blender/Food processor

What piece of kitchen equipment could you not live without? microwave

How many times a week/month do you cook from raw ingredients? Daily usually

What’s the last thing you cooked from raw ingredients? Italian sausage and eggs for supper last night

What’s your favorite thing to make for yourself? brownies

What meats have you eaten besides cow, pig, chicken and turkey? deer, rabbit, squirrel

What’s the last time you ate something that had fallen on the floor? not sure

What’s the last time you ate something you’d picked in the wild? over the summer, I found a berry bush. :)

Place the following cuisines in order of preference (greatest to least) - Italian, sushi, Chinese, French, Indian, Thai: Italian, Chinese, French, Thai, Indian, Sushi

Place the following boozes in order of preference (greatest to least) - Whiskey, tequila, vodka, brandy, gin, rum: hmm I prefer wine. Rum is only used here for daiquiris

Place the following flavors in order of preference (greatest to least) - Garlic, ginger, basil, aniseed, lime: Garlic, basil, lime, ginger, aniseed.

Place the following fruits in order of preference (greatest to least) - cherry, apple, orange, pineapple, watermelon: Apple, cherry, watermelon, orange, pineapple.

Bread and spread: Wheat bread, no spread preference

What’s your fast food restaurant of choice, and what do you usually order? Hmm don't have a favorite place, but KFC is higher than any other. Usually get a m. potatoe bowl. Taco bell - Crunhcwrap supreme

What are three of the best dining-out experiences you’ve had? A restaurant in NH called the Galley Hatch. They have the most awesome clam chowder I've ever tasted in my life; pretty much any time we go to the Cheesecake Factory in Baltimore's Inner Harbor; And when we went to Olive Garden for my 30th (I think?) birthday. I had a lot of family and friends, we all ate and had a great time. The waiters sang Happy Birthday to me and one decided to go off on an operatic tangent. It was hilarious!

What’s your choice of tipple at the end of a long day? I don't need a drink to make me sleepy. I can barely stay up past 9:30am anymore. LOL Just some ice cold water will do.

Favorite cookbook/s? Love my Better Home & Gardens cookbook

Got any favorite food blogs? A Year of CrockPotting

What’s the next thing you’ll eat? Tuna casserole for supper tonight, yum. (Sans peas, though.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails